If you have ever explored the world of business phone system, you may have heard about the term VoIP before. VoIP enables users to make telephone calls by using computer. For business enterprise systems, owning business VoIP system will give them an edge in the competitive world. This buying guide will assist you in the process of making a decision – whether you need business phone system or not. User can also get valuable information pertaining to hosted PBX system, cloud – based PBX system. This buying guide will let you get started with Business VoIP system.
1. What are the features available in VoIP phone system?
· Call forwarding - This feature enables you to forward the call to another destination if the called extension is in another call or unable to pick the call.
· Call blocking – Calls can be blocked on the basis of criteria like area code, number etc.
· Call continuity – This feature ensures that user get uninterrupted VoIP service even if there is power failure
· Call hold – You can put the call on hold if you are answering another call
· Voicemail – This is a cloud PBX feature which enables user to check messages securely from anywhere.
· Call recording – This feature empowers users to capture every phone conversation and also enables users to replay the call
· Music on hold - User can even upload the audio files to be used as music on hold.
· Hunt groups - This feature assists you in managing high call volumes by initiating multiple phones to ring, concurrently or in an order you want it to be.
· Follow me – User can forward calls to multiple numbers which will ring in a pre-determined sequence
· Call back – If you are using a slow internet connection, you can still place and receive VoIP calls which can be really helpful in case of long distance calls.
1. Do I need to upgrade my phone system?
Business owners need to study the business requirements before making final verdict like count of extensions and handsets needed, whether features like voice mail/call recording/automatic redialing/conference calling are needed, can we afford a new phone system?
Your out-of-date phone system may be costing you far more time, money and customers than you realize. Compared to landlines and cell phones you can get the best rates for local and long distance calling. Moreover, it insists on little infrastructure to function and concede user to move, travel or go anywhere and still take the same number. You may either upgrade or replace your existing phone system.
Some of the reasons to implement business VoIP system
· Relocating buildings
· Looking to implement cost effective solution
· Better voice capability
· You are in need of an intelligent system and employees has also increased
· You are looking to implement flexible and reliable business VoIP solutions
If your answer is yes to any of the reasons mentioned above, you may need to contact business VoIP providers.
2. How good is the business VoIP system compared to landline quality?
Nowadays, users cannot feel the difference between quality of VoIP system and landline. Moreover, user can also relish additional features in VoIP system which is not seen in landline.
3. What types of businesses can implement hosted PBX system?
Hosted PBX phone systems can be utilized mainly for large companies. So, if you are tired of dealing with your proprietary phone system that utilizes much of your IT resources just to keep in good condition then you may look into moving your phone system to the cloud. Users can set up the system with low up-front capital requirements and could save considerable amount of money on monthly expenses. Remote system and user management is also rendered easy by hosted PBX System.
4. What types of businesses can implement cloud-based systems?
You need not procure any hardware for Cloud-based VoIP system, service provider handles the system and configure the entire set-up for your enterprise. This is the best option if you are running short of budget or don’t have technically skilled people to work for you. Cloud-based VoIP is ideal for small business, and mid-size business also.
5. Is the business VoIP system mobile?
Nowadays business backs mainly teleworking feature which gives the associates to work on the go. BYOD is the latest development in business VoIP system. It is the method of empowering associates of an organization to make use of their own gadgets for example laptop, mobile phone, tablets or other similar gadgets in a work environment. This enables associates to have complete access to business VoIP system from personal mobile phones as well. Caller ID is given to denote business number as opposed to associate’s personal number. This helps to have access to business phone system even if the associate is not in the office.
6. Are the business VoIP solutions offered by business VoIP providers secure?
Small business VoIP solutions offered by business VoIP providers are secure that customers can make use of VoIP solutions with confidence. Nowadays, small and mid-sized businesses used to migrate the complete business system to cloud, which encompasses business phone system. Business VoIP systems also comes with proper encryption and protocols which make them even more secure compared to traditional phone systems. Some of the business VoIP providers also develops and maintains technology on their own instead of relying on VoIP solutions provided by third party.
7. Is the business VoIP solutions offered by business VoIP providers reliable?
Small business VoIP solutions offered by business VoIP providers are reliable as customers have constant access to business VoIP system. It enables customers to have complete access to the system during unfortunate events like power failure, fire, flood etc. Call continuity feature ensures that user get uninterrupted VoIP service which helps to transfer calls to cell phone.
8. How much time is needed to install a new phone system?
Installing traditional phone systems require more time compared to business VoIP solutions. Traditional service providers need more time which includes contract, installation and setup which can take up to 2-3 weeks. Business VoIP systems requires no installation and could be set up in the same day itself. In order to enable hosted VoIP solutions, customers need to own high-speed net connection – which is the main prerequisite. Phone system will be procured from service provider which will be then configured. When customer receives the phone after configuration the customer need to give a notification to business VoIP provider. Now, user may plug the system into net connection and start using the business VoIP system.